Thursday, February 12, 2009

Unpredictable At Every Corner

This week has been more challenging because of my situation next week.  I am going on a trip to D.C. with the National Association of Black Journalists, which is very exciting but also very daunting.  Anyway I was planning on completing both stories this week but of course, nothing can be predicted in this business.  An interview was canceled and rescheduled for this morning, but unfortunately I couldn't get a camera for the time slot.  As the woman told me that she could not reschedule (understandably, she is a florist and it was about Valentine's Day), tears welled up in my eyes and my mind searched for any reason for any other option to salvage my hard leg work that it took to even get an interview with her.  But I'm proud to say those tears never shed because within ten minutes I thought of a different angle and worked another time out for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment